Advertisement

Need help with ATI linux driver errors

Started by May 25, 2006 01:38 PM
2 comments, last by daviangel 18 years, 3 months ago
Hi I have the ATI linux driver after installing it under Fedora Core 5 x86_64 edition I got the following errors in the fglrx log file: /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ‘__ke_no_iommu’: /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2356: error: ‘no_iommu’ undeclared (first use in this function) /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2356: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2356: error: for each function it appears in.) make[2]: *** [/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [_module_/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5-x86_64' make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2 build failed with return value 2 [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to compile kernel module - please consult readme. Any idea how to fix that? Thanks!
I fixed the above compile and link errors by installing the latest ATI driver. But after sucessfully building the module, it reports an error that the built module cannot be loaded. What's the problem? How to fix it?

Before I try FC5 I heard that the UI will be accelarated, and now cannot get a minimal OpenGL acceleration for games.
Advertisement
Again

After installing the latest ATI linux driver under Fedora Core 5 x86_64 edition I got the following errors in the fglrx log file:

###### Cannot load the built module.

Any idea how to fix that? And by the way they say in the documentation installed by the driver that 2.4 or newer is only suuported, and 2,6 is yet to come in the forthcoming releases. How come?

Thank!
Haven't messed with ati linux drivers for a while but when I did they were problematic at best.
Even the latest version from what I hear still don't support full 3d acceleration on 2D.
Did you do intall the complete kernel source since I remeber that is usually required so if you didn't do a full install of Fedora Core 5 that might be your problem?
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement