Advertisement

Copying in linux

Started by November 12, 2005 06:12 AM
3 comments, last by Halsafar 18 years, 10 months ago
I am running linux red hat 8 under VMWare in windows. I have shared a folder and now I want to copy the custom source files of linux into that folder. I do copy files on the folder of the source files and in the folder I want to copy I do paste files. However, then I get the dialog box saying: Error "Invalid parameters" while copying. What should I do to copy between these folders? Thanks in advance.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote: Original post by Toolmaker Quote: Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
run the command
cp /folder/to/copy /folder/to/copy/to
Advertisement
Ok, I was able to make the copy with cp through the terminal.
However, I need to overwrite many files and it asks me about every file.
How do I use cp so it won't ask me about every file.
-i is for asking about every file but I didnt use it so why it still asks me?
I use the GUI that comes with linux red hat 8
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote: Original post by Toolmaker Quote: Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
I already tried it, it doesnt work.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
cp -f source dest

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement