Advertisement

crosscompile linux to windows

Started by July 19, 2005 09:42 AM
2 comments, last by baldurk 19 years, 1 month ago
Hi, i would like to crosscompile c++/opengl project on a linux system to an executable windows programm. the only thing i found until now is mingw.... on the webside is a litlte example how to use, but my project contains some more classes than one and i don't know how to compile that....thnx for any help
You'd do the same thing to build a cross-compiled program with multiple source files, than you would with a native compile with multiple sources.

However, I generally don't see the point of cross-compiling Linux-Windows (or vice versa), because you need to be running both anyway to test, so why not compile?

I suppose your build system could be Linux-specific (mine usually is, but only to build platform-independent data). But that would be awkward for other developers wanting to do native Windows builds.

Mark
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by markr
You'd do the same thing to build a cross-compiled program with multiple source files, than you would with a native compile with multiple sources.

However, I generally don't see the point of cross-compiling Linux-Windows (or vice versa), because you need to be running both anyway to test, so why not compile?

I suppose your build system could be Linux-specific (mine usually is, but only to build platform-independent data). But that would be awkward for other developers wanting to do native Windows builds.

Mark

There's always testing with Wine. That, and other users.
I set up a document here to show how to do this, and set up wxwidgets, sdl and opengl. Other libraries can be added easily enough once you understand that doc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement