Advertisement

What packages would you ideal linux distro have?

Started by March 04, 2005 09:55 PM
7 comments, last by Captain Maple 19 years, 6 months ago
My last thread was jacked and really doesn't have the answers I was looking for, but I mostly blame that on a type I made, so this time I'll try to get it right. Which packages would be installed by default by your ideal distro? Here's my list: gcc Java Python SDL, SDL_image/mixer/net clanlib allegro aalib(woot) mesa pygame gVim Emacs(yes I use both :O) IDLE Eclipse Anjuta The GIMP ImageMagick Blender Wings3D Audacity Firefox gftp mplayer gaim xchat xmms Which ones would yours have?
OpenAL, libxml2, X/KDE, Skype, GDB, DDD, valgrind, Dia, Open Office, Wine
Advertisement
Gnome 2.8
Firefox 1.0
Python 2.4
Pygame
wxPython
Boa Constructor
Gaim
Xchat
Rhythmbox
Synaptic
nmap(fe)
The Gimp
Evolution
OpenOffice
Emacs (normal, not X)
prc-tools (palm)

optional:
Bzflag
FrozenBubble
Freeciv
ahh much better :D
Keep them coming
Oh, I forgot Midnight Commander
Is apt-get/cache cheating?
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.
Advertisement
Slackware plus
commoncpp http://www.gnu.org/software/commoncpp/ (gnu library for sockets/threads/couple other things)
Firefox
Thunderbird
Ethereal

and thats about it, seeing as all 4 of the extras aren't hard to get/install, I'm good. I would probably compile SDL and such libraries seperatly any how, as their can be some options I want that wouldn't be on by default, and most of the Comercial games I play use thier own copy(s) of them any how.
No one else has any more to add to this?

Seems I forgot gtk+ and FLTK, whoops :p
Whatever Slackware 10.1 has. I'm quite a fan of the Slackware distro. Hell, I've even got 3D acceleration to work (very well, I might add) with the new ATi drivers. [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement