Advertisement

guild wars and cedega

Started by February 13, 2005 03:41 AM
1 comment, last by nicksterdomus 19 years, 7 months ago
After I got it setup right using point2play it appears to be running rather smoothly at the login screen, but that's no guarantee of how smooth it will be playing. So, has anyone played in any of the beta events using cedega? If no one has and anyone is interested, I'll update this thread after the next beta with my experience.
I'm semi-interested. I've almost completely switched to gentoo for now, since I don't have time for games. I'm willing to shell out the $5 a month once it supports at least rise of nations. But I'm interested in hearing how it works out for you also.
Advertisement
Well, the game runs, but is not playable. With a geforce 6800gt, if I set the graphics anywhere above minimum, fps is like 1. With graphics set to the minimum, it runs around 23 fps and skips a lot. Also, the mouse doesn't function right. When you hold down the right button, you are supposed to be able to look around like in a first-person shooter, but you can only turn right and down, with no way to go back. More minor than the rest, but still not working properly are the clothes on the characters. They are all black.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement