Advertisement

How many Debian cds do you need?

Started by January 11, 2005 12:46 AM
2 comments, last by Ainokea 19 years, 8 months ago
Im going to download Debian and there are like 7 cds. How many do I need for the necassary files of an average user (I don't need server software or anything else like that and I already know what development tools I am going to use so I don't care if its on the CD or not) ?
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
I just downloaded the netinstaller (about 30 megs) and put it on a CD-RW. Then I downloaded everything from the net. But if you don't want to download anything then one (or two) CDs will be fine.

-tentoid (too lazy to login)
Advertisement
You just need the net install. The other CDs just come with basic packages and stuff, which you can download (and will need to download, unless you want woefully old packages).
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Thanks.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement