Advertisement

Very Themable GTK

Started by September 15, 2004 04:48 PM
1 comment, last by C-Junkie 20 years ago
Hi Could you please tell me how to set a gtk theme from within my application to be specific to it, and not affecting others running? How to do so under Windows? Or at least set a theme? Why is GTK programs are very lazy to refresh, while as GIMP is faster, which is also built on GTK? Thanks.
Quote: Original post by WISMAK
Could you please tell me how to set a gtk theme from within my application to be specific to it, and not affecting others running?

See the 'theme thumbnail' widget in GNOME control center (see the file capplets/common/theme-thumbnail.c). It's likely more work than it's worth. What are you trying to accomplish?

Quote: Original post by WISMAK
Why is GTK programs are very lazy to refresh, while as GIMP is faster, which is also built on GTK?

It's widget dependent (among other things). Some are double buffered, some aren't. Some have backgrounds, some don't.
Advertisement
Ug. fiddling with the theme from within an app, eh?

You will not be able to change the window manager's theme. (like titlebar, frame, etc)

You can change the theme for your app, however.

I don't know how. exactly, anyway. My first guess would be to find an environment variable to change before calling gtk_init. My second guess would be to manually alter the ->style attributes of all your GtkWidget's.

If you find out, tell us. I'm curious.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement