Advertisement

ndiswrapper works!

Started by August 05, 2004 11:01 PM
5 comments, last by Shannon Barber 20 years ago
Ok, so this probably isn't the greatest post in the world, but I need to tell someone, and none of the guys I live with now are computer nerds. I just got my broadcom based wireless card to work in Fedora 1 with ndiswrapper! How cool is that? I'm so excited. Man, I'm such a nerd...
So. *Puts hands on hips*

You've finally felt the elation of getting your Linux box connected to the outside world.

You'll get more of where that's coming from.
I eat heart attacks
Advertisement
yeah, ok, so what... That's probably about the response I deserve.
Want a different one?

-- Response Alternative Number 1 --
COOL MAN! How did you do that? what's ndiswrapper, anyway?

-- Response Alternative Number 2 --
SHAME ON YOU! YOU SHOULD BE SUPPORTING HARDWARE THAT HAS LINUX DRIVERS!

-- Response Alternative Number 3 --
Spell the name right, dude. It's "Broadcom" not "broadcom"
--RESPONSE NO. 4--
Cool, we've all been through that, but no need wasting precious, precioussss GD.net HDD just for that. Maybe if you got ATI Drivers working perfectly...now that's a different story...
I eat heart attacks
I just go my Wireless card working on Linux(Prism 2 chipset using the linux-wlan-ng drivers). It was a long and difficult adventure. I had to reinstall Mandrake 3 times(for reasons I do not want express), compile my own kernel(the Mandrake kernel was giving me a lot of trouble), then install the drivers. After 2 weeks of work I finally did it. It is a lot slower in Linux than in Windows but who is arguing. Now all I need to do is get gAIM or Kopete up and running and then to configure my ATI card.....

It Begins.
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx
Advertisement
My ATI drivers work amazing well. Even the dual-monitor + TV out.

Gentoo
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement