🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

stupid errors compiling dx7 example

Started by
2 comments, last by bug 24 years, 6 months ago
Did you include dxguid.lib in your project? Try that.

BlueNexus

-BlueNexus--This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Advertisement
Looks like it's only having a problem with the new stuff, which leads me to believe the compiler's including an older version of the header files somewhere.

Do a search and make sure that you only have one copy of the headers... it's possible you might have an older version inside the VC include path.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
I happen to feel really stupid about this, so go easy on me. IM A NEWBIE!

I'm getting these errors when I try to compile the direct draw example (ddex1) that comes with directX 7 sdk. I'm using MS VC 6.0

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\projects\ddex1\ddex1.cpp(39) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'g_pDD'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\projects\ddex1\ddex1.cpp(39) : error C2501: 'LPDIRECTDRAW7' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\projects\ddex1\ddex1.cpp(39) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found

I already went to options and set the build directories to the Lib and Include directories. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

------------------
good pitching can always stop good hitting and vice versa.

Yeah, that was the problem. Thanks for the help!

random smile face test

:P

------------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement