🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

HELP!! CLASS F NEWBIE!!

Started by
7 comments, last by Odrog 24 years, 6 months ago
Get a C++ book for Christmas, too.

Anything by Andre LaMothe is good... for more info, check out the book reviews here on gamedev.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
Advertisement
Actually, I have an iMac

~Odrog

you rule
if you ever _EVER_ need help with mac programming come to #gamedev on one of the afternet servers and seek me out, i can help
(im making a game for macintosh too )
except ill be using sawtooth
and tricks of the mac game programming gurus is a good one to start out with along with mac programming for dummies, which id suggest that you just borrow from a library or something because it is very shallow

the mac game gurus one is a great deal on www.computer-books.com
type mac guru in the searchbox and its there for 25 bucks.

well, good luck, and may the force be with you.

oh yeah...codewarrior kicks serious ass

[This message has been edited by firahs (edited December 08, 1999).]

You can find some free basic C++ tutorials at: http://hitw.spedia.net
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
Forget about game programming books for a while and just buy one book on C++ programming. You gotta learn the language first before you start making anything.
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

go here its got an online book teach yourself c++ in 21 days for download plus about 100 illegal apps for download that really work. edited

[This message has been edited by Myopic Rhino (edited December 11, 1999).]

"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
Promoting warez sites is a good way to get yourself banned from these forums.

You can read that book online for free legitimately at the publisher's site, www.informit.com

Not class F, I've had some experince with trueBASIC, that's it. I'm getting CodeWarrior for Christmas, so I want to get cracking with C++. Any tips?

~Odrog

sorry i didnt know
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement