Advertisement

X-Problem in Slackware 10

Started by June 30, 2004 07:20 AM
3 comments, last by qwert 20 years, 3 months ago
I have installed Slackware 10.0 When I try to start X I only see a lot of vertical lines in 3 different colours and when I press Ctrl + Alt + Backspace to exit I get the following error: _XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6 _XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/darkstar:0 _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6 Release Date: 18 December 2003 X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7 Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.26 i686 [ELF] Current Operating System: Linux darkstar 2.4.26 #6 Mon Jun 14 19:07:27 PDT 2004 i686 Build Date: 05 June 2004 Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org to make sure that you have the latest version. Module Loader present Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting, (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational, (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown. (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Jun 30 10:22:01 2004 (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list! Warning: Failed to open catalog, using default messages. Failed to read: session.tabs Setting default value Failed to read: session.slitlistFile Setting default value Failed to read: session.groupFile Setting default value Failed to load groupfile: BScreen::BScreen: managing screen 0 using visual 0x22, depth 24 Failed to read: session.screen0.imageDither Setting default value Failed to read: session.screen0.maxOverSlit Setting default value Failed to read: session.screen0.sloppywindowgrouping Setting default value Failed to read: session.screen0.workspacewarping Setting default value Failed to read: session.screen0.desktopwheeling Setting default value Failed to read: session.screen0.antialias Setting default value Failed to read: session.screen0.rootCommand Setting default value Failed to read: session.screen0.toolbar.onhead Setting default value Failed to load font: -misc-8x8 system font-medium-r-normal--9-90-100-100-m-100-iso8859-* angle = 0 Warning: Failed to open catalog, using default messages. BScreen::parseMenuFile: [stylesdir/stylesmenu] error, /root/.fluxbox/styles does not exist X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). xinit: connection to X server lost. waiting for X server to shut down So what's wrong?
I'd guess (I haven't used Slack since 9.0 and I've never used XOrg) that you're missing some package or another.
Zorx (a Puzzle Bobble clone)Discontinuity (an animation system for POV-Ray)
Advertisement
I don't think so. I made a default installation everything (with the exception of the kernel source) from ISO CDs.
My guess is that the problem is not specifically X related. The error messages should be prefixed by (EE) if they're coming from X.org. You're using fluxbox so maybe the problem is flux-related. Try another WM or compile flux from source. (slack 10 still uses the stable fluxbox 0.1.14 so it seems strange anyway) X.org in Slack 10 should be fine, at least it works for me.
No, I get the same vertical lines with all window managers. But when I changed graphics card everything started working. So I guess the problem may be hardware related.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement