Advertisement

Quanta Plus window problems on Debian

Started by June 19, 2004 12:55 PM
2 comments, last by C-Junkie 20 years, 3 months ago
I accidently pushed something in Quanta and now the editor is a seperate window but when I tell it to do "No Borders" into the main it stays as a seperate window. I set everything to default but I still have documentation in the backround and the editor as a seperate window. This is very annoying. I also tried apt-get remove and then reinstalled quanta but it doesn't help. I tried every View option and everything in settings....... How do I go back to default settings that are there when quanta plus is first installed? There must be a folder with settings stored in it or something.
Quanta+ is a KDE app, so supposedly all the settings are kept in your homedir in the .kde subdirectory. Go and look there for quanta configuration files. (The directories that start with a . are by default not shown in konqueror, but you can type the path in the address bar) You can delete the whole .kde folder but you'll have to reconfigure kde for your user so I'd rather search for specific quanta stuff and delete it. I'm not on my computer right now so I can't give you the correct path for the files you have to delete.
(The reason that reinstalling Quanta gave no result is because the configuration files that are user-specific reside in your home directory and are not touched by package tools and installers.)
Advertisement
EDIT: Thank you very much SwSh. :) I deleted the config file for Quanta and it is back at default. Awesome! Thanks.
In case you're curious why apt-get remove didn't work...

its because remove doesn't affect config files. do an apt-get purge and it will delete the config files.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement