Advertisement

ARGH! My project stopped linking!

Started by June 17, 2004 07:02 AM
6 comments, last by flukus 20 years, 3 months ago
OK, I started a new project in KDevelop today and everythings going great. Press build project, run project, everything works. The I try adding a couple of classes and all of a sudden selecting "Build project" won't link, or even attempt to link everything compiles fine and no errors seem to occur so I'm at a loss to whats going wrong. I've tried all of the build menu tools and can't find anything that makes it work. So does anyone know what going wrong? Or can someone point me in the right direction to work out the answere?
Try to create a new project and add one by one all your files...
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine: An open source .Net gaming framework ]
[ Dungeon Eye: An open source remake of Eye of the Beholder II ]
Advertisement
Post the output you get in the message box at the bottom of the IDE when you try to Build Project. Hopefully we'll be able to tell what's causing the problem from there.
Quote: Original post by iliak

Try to create a new project and add one by one all your files...

The one "feature" I didn't want from MSVS ;) I tried this and ended up with nothing at all compiling!

OK, after cleaning and rebuilding I get this:

Quote:
*cd "/home/flukus/Projects/sdltest/debug" && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" make -k -j1
*installing -c
*compiling yes (gcc)
*compiling yes (g++)
*compiling sdltest.cpp (g++)
*compiling MyGL.cpp (g++)
*compiling Stars.cpp (g++)
*compiling MyVertex.cpp (g++)

Right click in the message window and select the full compiler output.
Well thats getting more helpfull

Quote:
*make all-recursive
*Making all in src
*make[2]: *** No rule to make target `Vertex.cpp', needed by `sdltest-Vertex.o'.
*make[2]: *** No rule to make target `Vertex.h', needed by `all-am'.
*make[2]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
*make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
*make: *** [all] Error 2

*make[2]: *** No rule to make target `Vertex.h', needed by

Looks like being the cause because Vertex.h/.cpp no longer exist. Shouldn't automake remove stuff like that?
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by flukus
Looks like being the cause because Vertex.h/.cpp no longer exist. Shouldn't automake remove stuff like that?

No, but KDevelop probably should if you deleted those files from your project.
Thanks, I got it working now, I had to take them out of the makefile manually :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement