🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I hope this is a joke...

Started by
9 comments, last by Muzzafarath 23 years, 10 months ago
Microsoft Linux...
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Advertisement
nice joke!
ROFL

lntakitopi@aol.com - http://www.geocities.com/guanajam
Hey, i found that way before you

These are even better tho:

Suspended for use of PHP
MS delays Linux

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."
-----------------------------A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."The Micro$haft BSOD T-Shirt
I''ve already read those The one about PHP is funny
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
I''m sorry, but I can''t get something funny out of those articles. I know, its like you''d say "Hot Ice" or something like that, but I don''t like the way MS is heading now...HEY! GUYS! THE MICROSOFTIES ARE SERIOUS! THEY DIDN''T MEAN THAT AS A JOKE (or two or three...the entire MS company is a joke )!
I''d call the situation rather sad than funny...
Now that MS noticed there''s something to make out of Linux, they are to build up a monopol on Linux too.
Just imagine all those people who use Windows (the huge mass...most of them don''t even know what a harddisk is) just want to have an easy-to-use OS...they know Windows was easy to use, and they are likely to purchase Microsoft''s version of Linux...and soon they''ll control the main market of Linux as well...I don''t think that''s funny, though I''m a very zynic, sarcastic person ...

Just a few thoughts...(but these thoughts are responsible for the survival of these forums

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
If Microsoft open sources their apps and goes to Linux, maybe Linus will let em, but I doubt Linus, or anyone that uses Linux would want MS to make a version of it.

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."
-----------------------------A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."The Micro$haft BSOD T-Shirt
Can Linus really deny MS to open-source their products?
I hope it comes true someday though.
in case anyone who read that didn''t realize (or didn''t read that), it is a JOKE.. it isn''t appear to be in anyway affiliated with M$... unless they''d put stories in there about sending monkeys to mars and teaching them how to reboot when they get a blue screen, or would send the links to warez...

even if M$ did make a version of linux, it would hardly ruin linux... none of the current linux users would switch to that (unless it actually was good enough to deserve it... heh, yeah, i know)

-------------------
LPUNKNOWN pUnkOuter
------------------------IUnknown *pUnkOuter"Try the best you cantry the best you canthe best you can is good enough" --Radiohead

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement