Advertisement

CVS write via pserver

Started by March 09, 2004 10:38 AM
3 comments, last by mr BiCEPS 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi all! I have setup a CVS server on a remote linux box which I use SSH to access. Another person uses pserver to access it from an internal network. We are using cvs-1.11.2-8 and the latest WinCVS. The problem: The person on the internal network will get an error-message that says cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository when he tries co commit his changes. *His username is in the CVSROOT writers file. *Committing works locally on the server for that user, but not using pserver. Any ideas to what could be wrong?
Try uncommenting the ''SystemAuth=no'' line in CVSROOT/config
Advertisement
Thanks for the info!

I have now done that. Doing so required me to add some kind of special passwd file to the CVSROOT in order for that user to be able to login.

It still doesn''t work to commit via the pserver, though :-/

Any more ideas?
Thinking about it, that ''fix'' was never going to work. I set up cvs myself at the weekend and ran into a similar problem, but can''t for the life of me remember exactly what the fix was.

One big mistake I did make was putting my username in the ''readers'' file as well as ''writers'', but that would surely effect a local commit too.

All I can suggest is to keep googling (searching for that error message brings back plenty of results) and keep playing around with the settings - it''s what I did, and it did eventually get things working.
quote: Original post by bod
One big mistake I did make was putting my username in the ''readers'' file as well as ''writers'', but that would surely effect a local commit too.

In case someone searches for this, I''ll add that that was actually the problem. Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement