🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

a tease

Started by
18 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 3 months ago
I said I''d make a little update in the "Did this die?" thread, but instead of listing features I''ll just post a screenshot of one of the GDA GUI''s. You can get an idea of the features from it.. I literally just started working on it a day or so ago, but maybe you can see where it''s headed. I have several pages of improvements and features to add or fix, so we''re looking at around a start of summertime contest. At least this time I have a vision from the very start. The first go around was more of a hybrid of another project I was working on that morphed into the beta contest GDA. Anyway, enjoy and speculate. Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade, "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
I CANNOT WAIT!

DcowerDillon "Toxic Hippo" Cower
[Some Page|Another Thing]
Crap I knew I should have left windows installed on here for one reason or another ...

[edited by - The Reindeer Effect on February 20, 2004 1:53:08 AM]
WHEW!!! I can''t wait...

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus
O_o

Whoa.

You all are goin'' down this time around...

Yes... VB6 is here to steal your minds. Very slowly.
This might be a stupid question, but will all of the programming functionality from the previous versions still be roughly the same? I ask because I wanted to get involved in the beta contest but just didn''t have time and was wondering if I could be working on a bot between now and the new contest and all my work be easily transferable.
quote: Original post by caffeineaddict
This might be a stupid question, but will all of the programming functionality from the previous versions still be roughly the same? I ask because I wanted to get involved in the beta contest but just didn''t have time and was wondering if I could be working on a bot between now and the new contest and all my work be easily transferable.

Roughly, yes, but I expect you will have to make changes no matter what you do. The concept remains the same, however.

I''ll let out more details as I go along. Right now I''m doing some technology experimentation for the various new feature ideas and changes for making things better.

Admin for GameDev.net.

ok ok, so from what I gather gamedev::arena is either a programming or a gaming competition or both?
quote: Original post by picklejuice
ok ok, so from what I gather gamedev::arena is either a programming or a gaming competition or both?

In a nutshel, you program little cave people to kill eachother with invisible guns. It''s fun.

"Unfortunatly, when I sent the email, instead of writing "Best Regards" I ended up writing "Best Retards." - boolean
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Will we be able to compile bots from something other than MSVC++ this time? The lack of support last contest was really annoying.

|.dev-c++.|.the gimp.|.seti@home.|.dbpoweramp.|.torn.|.=w=.|

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement