Advertisement

Hardware support under Linux distributions

Started by December 12, 2003 07:21 AM
0 comments, last by Sleeping2620 20 years, 9 months ago
Do most/any distribution of Linux support all/most/any modern hardware features, like shaders and such? I would like to develop a couple of good games I already have in the "design room" under Linux, but last time I actually tried to do cool stuff under Linux (which is a while ago, I had RedHat 7.1), most of my hardware was not supported (5 buttons mouse, TV-Tuner and such). Did things change? I heard that RedHat will stop supporting the "home" version, and I still haven''t found that kind of info about the other distributions. Any pointers on where I could find which distribution on Linux support which piece of hardware? Cause I would also like my games to be available to as many distros as possible, so I wouldn''t want to add in a feature that would be supported by only a minority of those distros. Thanks a lot. ------------------------ The highest sounds are hardest to hear. Going forward is a way to retreat. Great talent shows itself late in life. Even a perfect program still has bugs - The Tao of Programming
------------------------The highest sounds are hardest to hear. Going forward is a way to retreat. Great talent shows itself late in life. Even a perfect program still has bugs - The Tao of Programming
Most hardware that''s supported under linux has its drivers in the kernel sources, so most distributions will be pretty much equal in terms of hardware support. Of course, some distros are more friendly than others to people compiling external driver modules, but that isn''t a major issue.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement