🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameDev: Arena Tournament - Round 3

Started by
3 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 7 months ago
Who would have thought? Nosfera, Mushu, and LiquidIntell put up excellent and very entertaining fights, but they''re headed home packing. The tactical Dustbot and the unknown Tailslide are headed to the championship. So, for tomorrow.. GameDev: Arena Championship:
  • Tailslide (3-1) vs. Dustbot (3-0) Eliminated:
  • Nosfera (2-2)
  • Mushu (1-2)
  • LiquidIntell (1-2) Here''s your new bracket: The championship match will be a best-of-5 format. Here are the results from today''s matches: Dustbot defeats Tailslide Match 1 Dustbot 25, Tailslide 0 1:41 remaining in the match Match 2 Dustbot 28, Tailslide 0 0:49 remaining in the match Comments: Oh my.. watching these two bots fight is very entertaining! Dustbot seems to have an edge with grenade placement and overall hit-and-run style tactics. Don''t count Tailslide out in the championship rematch, though! Tailslide defeats LiquidIntell Match 1 LiquidIntell 7, Tailslide 0 0:37 remaining in the match Match 2 Tailslide 54, LiquidIntell 0 2:11 remaining in the match Match 3 Tailslide 36, LiquidIntell 0 2:39 remaining in the match Comments: Tailslide must have still been cleaning his wounds in the first match because he came back strong to take the round. LiquidIntell showed courage, but couldn''t execute his gameplan very well with the trees. Nosfera defeats Mushu Match 1 Nosfera 71, Mushu 0 2:40 remaining in the match Match 2 Mushu 31, Nosfera 0 1:32 remaining in the match Match 3 Nosfera 77, Mushu 0 0:50 remaining in the match Comments: Nosfera decided to show up to the tournament in this round with a strong showing. Mushu put up a good effort, but trees were his second enemy in the arena. Tailslide defeats Nosfera Match 1 Nosfera 26, Tailslide 0 1:52 remaining in the match Match 2 Tailslide 100, Nosfera 0 2:16 remaining in the match Match 3 Tailslide 66, Nosfera 0 1:16 remaining in the match Comments: Tailslide seemed to want to give Nosfera a little hope after the first match. It was a slaughter in the last two. Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
    CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
    Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
    Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade, "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

• Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

Ouch!

How am I going to get all those dents outta Tailslide now..

Oh, come on, there has to be a 3rd place battle

But anyway, Tailslide... nice job. Wasn''t expecting to win anyway. But you ain''t seen the last of me yet! (as this is my first time dealing with AI anyway )

"Never met an American that didn''t like guns."
    "Santa Claus would pick up a gun to save his friend."

InitGames Software | InitGames Software forums

No kidding! Watching Tailslide get mauled by dustbot I am getting a few ideas for next time too.. where does it all end heheh.

And as for me... I''m actually gonna participate next time. My bot was whooping all those entered, but a month or so ago i lost all my source and just gave up. Sad. I''da prolly won too...

(Stolen from Programmer One)
    UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement