Advertisement

Burn .bin without cue in linux?

Started by October 25, 2003 05:21 PM
7 comments, last by Ishan 20 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone know of a way to burn a .bin file using any free linux program in the absence of a .cue?
ehm... *cought* for your backups you can rename the bin to a iso, the format is the same, except for trackinformations (multiple sound tracks, i think they need a cue)

T2k
Advertisement
Just remake the cue file. Unless it had some complex data (like multiple tracks or such, in which case I doubt there is anything that can burn it properly based solely on the bin file, since the bin doesn''t contain the needed seperator data) you can just make it in notepad/emac.

For example here is a standard bin file (a special CD might not look like this, but in that case you''re screwed anyway):

FILE "mybackup.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
quote: Original post by T2k
ehm... *cought* for your backups you can rename the bin to a iso, the format is the same, except for trackinformations (multiple sound tracks, i think they need a cue)

T2k

I thought bin/cue was an originally propritary format of the old CDRWin (latest version is made by another company and nothing like the old one) that was duplicated so that other burner programs could write CDRWin backups.
Cool, that worked. Thanks.
quote: Original post by Ishan
Cool, that worked. Thanks.

Which one? If you can burn CDRWin .bin+.cue files by just renaming the bin as iso I''d be interested to know.
Advertisement
Well this isn''t an answer to this thread but it''s kinda related..

Can you run Nero under Linux? Or is there a program similar to it that can burn bin cue files?
I just remade the .cue, and it worked fine...I didn''t try renaming the file, but they''re different formats, so I couldn''t imagine that it would work...

As to burning .bun / .cue images, I use k3b, it works great.
quote: Original post by Ishan
I just remade the .cue, and it worked fine...I didn't try renaming the file, but they're different formats, so I couldn't imagine that it would work...

As to burning .bun / .cue images, I use k3b, it works great.

nope, actually they are not different formats, the difference is that the sectorsize will be determined by the burningapp so this can sometimes be recognized wrong, otherwhise they are both raw-images, when you dont believe me, get a copy of isobuster or another tool that can look inside images, rename the file, convert do what you want, you will see whats going on (converting a bin file is simply making a copy and renaming to .iso)

edit: could be that the cdrwin bin format is slightly different, but i dont know this bit of information (anyway, is cdrwin still existent???)

T2k

[edited by - T2k on October 27, 2003 4:28:58 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement