🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"Failure of entry to build and execute properly"

Started by
1 comment, last by T2k 20 years, 9 months ago
So i get a DQ''ed when submitting VSNet compatible code??? i could install VS6 seperately, but is there a more elegant way of checking my sources if they can compile and will produce usefull code??? for is such a thing that is different: VSNet: for(int i= 2; i > 1; i--); int i= 5; //no problems here VS6: for(int i= 2; i > 1; i--); int i= 5; //int i already defined error Solving via (i think): #define for if(1) for but there could be more differences, another one i know is that exit() is valid for vc6 stdio.h but not in vsnet... T2k
Advertisement
It''s within reason... if I see build errors and the problem is a VC6 vs. VCnet discrepancy, then it''s fine. If I see build errors due to poor coding, then that''s not so fine.

BTW, Why would you be using exit() in a bot DLL?

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: BTW, Why would you be using exit() in a bot DLL?

i wouldnt use it, but it demonstrates that in both directions vs.net -> vs6 and vs6 -> vs.net you will find differences in some areas of compatibility... and i only know the two mentioned, but there could be much more, and some could look like normal codingerrors.

T2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement