Advertisement

Xinerama problem

Started by September 24, 2003 10:21 AM
1 comment, last by griffenjam 20 years, 11 months ago
I am trying to set up dual displays but am not having much luck. I think I found the root of my problem, but don''t know how to use the information. I have two GeForce 2 MX cards, one PCI and one AGP. When I have the AGP card in the system it functions properly and if I run scanpci it shows up on 1:0:0. When I add the PCI card it becomes the primary card but when I run scanpci 1:0:0 no longer shows up. Is my AGP being shut off because I have a PCI video card in the system? If it matters I''m using RH9 and have an ASUS PB4533 MB. "The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas Gray
You are person # to view this post.
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery
Is there an option in your BIOS that says something like "Init video first" with the options AGP and PCI? It sounds like that''s set to PCI. I''d try setting it to AGP and see what happens.
I like the DARK layout!
Advertisement
I tried that, there is no option in the BIOS for that.

I also tried disconnecting the monitor from the PCI card to see if it would default to the AGP card, it doesn''t.
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement