🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Contest update

Started by
4 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 9 months ago
I''ve been a little swamped between work and this past weekend''s XGDX, but I plan on having the beta contest start soon. The format will be pretty close to the original GDArena contest post, but it will not be a highly publicized contest (meaning it will be limited to this forum). I will be making one more update to the GDArena executable, as well, but this update probably won''t take place until after the contest officially kicks off. Anyway, just wanted to give an update to let everyone know that it has not been forgotten. I''m just a little busy right now. Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade, "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
Ok :-)
Don't Temp Fate..
I wondered why I''d not heard of it elsewhere... Looking forward to it.

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.cjb.net

quote: Original post by Khawk
I will be making one more update to the GDArena executable, as well, but this update probably won''t take place until after the contest officially kicks off.

Khawk,

I definately understand being busy, but it might be "nicer" for the contestants to have the "full" version right from the get-go. I personally would be pretty discouraged to have to possibly rewrite code after beginning the contest.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth of time is up. I''m looking forward to the challenge!

>-Cat-<

>>--Beware of the Cat--<<
OMGYAYZ!!!1!`!
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
quote: Original post by CatWoman
quote: Original post by Khawk
I will be making one more update to the GDArena executable, as well, but this update probably won''t take place until after the contest officially kicks off.

Khawk,

I definately understand being busy, but it might be "nicer" for the contestants to have the "full" version right from the get-go. I personally would be pretty discouraged to have to possibly rewrite code after beginning the contest.

Anyway, my 2 cents worth of time is up. I''m looking forward to the challenge!

>-Cat-<

Given that the update won''t affect how bot code is written, that doesn''t matter.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement