Advertisement

Calling SuSE Aficionados

Started by August 24, 2003 01:27 AM
0 comments, last by Goober King 21 years ago
After a disastrous dabble into slackware world I though I would give SuSE a try. I got it installed on one older system and I''m liking it enough. However, on my newer system it hangs during install. After trying different install methods it appearers it is hanging when probing for USB devices.I have Linux installed on the machine already and I dont see why that would be an issue for one disto and not the others I''ve tried. Not having USB is hardly an option. Installing it is not something I have to do just kinda want to. The LAN configuration is jacked up on the system and I was thinking a clean install and a fresh start would be the way to go. Anyone off hand know if SusE has a history of such a thing with NForce2 based boards?
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Probaly not the information you are looking for, but the nforce chipsets seem to bum out often concerining USB. A friend of mine was using the actual nforce drivers from nvidia''s homepage, and he couldn''t use his USB printer, because it would hang!

Nforce is a load of crock when using linux. At least for now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement