🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Bot speeds

Started by
13 comments, last by ToohrVyk 20 years, 11 months ago
i don''t know if my calcs are off or what, but i get 30 fps here with angular velocity at 133.0 deg/sec fast and 66.5 deg/sec slow. i''m having the bot do the calcs via a learning cycle that averages the numbers instead of relying on keyboard input. i''ve also tried it on two different cpu speeds and the numbers still come out roughly the same.
Advertisement
As long as people get the same units per update then it is fine. I only mentioned the 45fps because the numbers worked out really really nicely.
I thought I locked the framerate at 30 fps, but after seeing the 45 FPS post, I remembered that is in fact what I locked it at. So, I looked back at the implementation, and you guys are correct on the values (and the FPS).

Admin for GameDev.net.

I think you are wrong with the angular...
I think it is 4units per update for slow and 8units for fast...

I tried to make my bot turn FAST during 45 updates ( 45 updates * 4 degree = 180 degrees )
But my bot turned for 360 degrees...
So I had to do 22.5 updates ( 22.5 updates * 8 degree = 180 degrees )
And it worked perfectly, my bot turned for 180 degrees
Since everyone is so adamant about this (doesn''t anyone like a challenge anymore?)...

Strafe speed - 15 units/second
Normal speed - 20 units/second
High speed - 40 units/second
Reverse speed - 25 units/second
Turn slow - 90 units/second
Turn fast - 180 units/second

Framerate locked at 45 FPS.

Each bot is given 0.01 seconds to Update().

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement