🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Resources for Linux TCP/IP programming in C++

Started by
2 comments, last by neoGriff 24 years ago
I just want to quickly ask if someone could direct me to some tutorials and stuff dealing with TCP/IP programming in C++ in Linux. Thanks.
Advertisement
try the man pages. typing 'man socket' should get you started, expecially if you check out the see also section at the bottom.
for protocol related, you can check out 'man tcp' and 'man udp'

Also, try the winsock 2 for games article here on gamedev for any other questions - winsock is pretty much identical to socket programming in linux.

saai

Edited by - saai on June 23, 2000 11:09:02 AM
The best resource for TCP/IP programming is TCP/IP Illustrated by Stevens (VOlume I covers protocols, Volume II covers socket programming in C).

Mark Collins (aka Nurgle)
me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Or of course getting the late Mr. Steven''s Advance Programming in the UNIX environment also has lots of stuff on socket and IPC programming stuff.
-----------------------------------------------All messages are of my own personal opinion and not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)Neuro.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement