🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What to do if the Arena Executable doesn't load

Started by
16 comments, last by Xgkkp 20 years, 11 months ago
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
CodeDemon: "What''s with all of you open source commies?!!"

It''s not about communism, it''s about freedom. What''s with all of you closed source antidisestablishmentarianists?!!

Heh, if it''s about freedom, then making my code open source is about infringing on my freedom to do what I want with my source, including reuse in other projects, marketing, distribution, and other business aspects. Once it''s open, it''s never your''s again (legally).

I''ll make it open source the day I see no need for me to reuse any technology or algorithms I have in there.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
Sorry, was that gluBuild2DBitmap or gluBuild2DMipmap?

Also, if you do a try/catch, is it possible to examine the last OpenGL error code?

Love & Peace ^_^v
Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu

[edited by - jeanlucpikachu on July 21, 2003 1:39:37 PM]
Love & Peace ^_^vCapt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
quote: Original post by jeanlucpikachu
Sorry, was that gluBuild2DBitmap or gluBuild2DMipmap?

Also, if you do a try/catch, is it possible to examine the last OpenGL error code?

Love & Peace ^_^v
Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu

[edited by - jeanlucpikachu on July 21, 2003 1:39:37 PM]

Sorry, mipmap.

Not that I know of.. I''m pretty sure you have to use GL''s error retrieval.

Admin for GameDev.net.

If you use glTexImage2D instead of gluBuild2DMipmap, does it still crash? (sanity check)

Love & Peace ^_^v
Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
Love & Peace ^_^vCapt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
quote: Original post by jeanlucpikachu
If you use glTexImage2D instead of gluBuild2DMipmap, does it still crash? (sanity check)

Love & Peace ^_^v
Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu

I don''t know.. it never crashes for me. I won''t be able to modify the exe for another 8 hours at least.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Just a passing comment...

I just reinstalled XP the other day, haven''t installed any updates or service packs, just my graphics drivers. The newest EXE run perfectly fine.

P4 2.4ghz
Geforce 4 ti4600
512 RAM
WinXP Home
FORGET the gdnet arena executable! Download mine It's really nice...

happyprogram.jpg .exe

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net

[edited by - neurokaotix on July 21, 2003 5:48:16 PM]
Well, I just installed the Service Pack and the Exe now runs fine without compatibility mode - Looks like thats the problem! or for me, at least. I'm gonna add this to the top of the post.

[edited by - Xgkkp on July 21, 2003 7:58:47 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement