🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

FAQ

Started by
11 comments, last by Nurgle 24 years ago
I''ve posted a pseudo-FAQ for this forum... See the link above... Mark Collins (aka Nurgle) me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Advertisement

Cool

Just a couple of things. Firstly, "distrobution" is actually spelt "distribution" (yes, pedantic, I know). SDL lives at www.libsdl.org, and I think you should mention that OpenGL is used for 3D graphics, rather than Direct3D in the "Can I use DirectX..." question.

Bye!

=> Arfa <=
=> Arfa <=
Hey, that FAQ is really cool
I''m sorry again to nearly have started a flame war...

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses...
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
The "Official" SDL homepage is on the devolution site... it''s always been there....

Mark Collins (aka Nurgle)
me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Looks good so far, though some of the questions need more expansion in the answers along with more in the FAQ.

Are you going to list these libraries that have DirectX type functions or are you just going to say use Mesa?
-----------------------------------------------All messages are of my own personal opinion and not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)Neuro.
2 points:

a. That is just a quick ''n naster FAQ so that we have one (and I can say "see FAQ")

b. Look through all the posts in the forum, and count how many times I have asked for input on production of a FAQ. TO me it seem sthat the ppl here aren''t interested in one, so unless more interest is shown, I won''t waste time on it.

me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

Talk about touchy. Asks for comments and then bites when a couple of people make them.
-----------------------------------------------All messages are of my own personal opinion and not meant to offend. But if they do - tough :)Neuro.
Actually I didn''t ask for comments this time round... (j/k)

But I am a little annoyed that whhen I previously asked for ppl to sgguest topics for the FAQ, very few ppl helped. That pissed me off...

me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

Must also add another comment. You said :
quote:
b. Look through all the posts in the forum, and count how many times I have asked for input on production of a FAQ. TO me it seem sthat the ppl here aren''t interested in one, so unless more interest is shown, I won''t waste time on it.

Why? Its a FAQ, surly as a moderator you should be keeping a store of these somewhere and the answers. Isn''t that how a FAQ is created and not from people giving ideas?
Wen we''re at it
OpenGL and SDL are availlable for BeOS aswell, and BeOS is free too

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement