Advertisement

Source Code Poll

Started by June 04, 2000 09:53 PM
6 comments, last by acw83 24 years, 3 months ago
On the main page I checked the latest survey results. I am very surprised that the highest percentage went to War Craft II. Sure, it''s a grat game, but RTSs are a dime a dozen. I voted for SimCity 2000. I always wanted to know exactly how they calculated every little detail in that game. Plus you''d have code to nice multiple zoom level iso maps. I don''t know, just thought I''d throw that out(and try to become a saint, I must be so close...). --- www.crazycrackerz.org
yeah... with that code i''d be able to finally rule that game!!!! IT SHALL BE MINE!!!! MUA HA HA HA, ok not really, but they must use some very complex stuff there (whatch me be wrong and it all be random (that would be a bad joke in good taste)

www.databyss.com
www.omlettesoft.com

"Don''t meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
Advertisement
Actually I voted for "Secret of Monkey Island", because Im SURE the programmers must have had a great time writing that.
I''m curious to see all the easter eggs, funny comments and strange code that working at LucasArts might produce

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I too would like to see SimCity 2000 source code, I''ve seen a RTS and a Space Sim before but I''ve never seen anything like SimCity. Monkey Island would be fun, but not as informative as SimCity IMHO.

40 Thieves, on a book note, if you like Tolkien ( I suppose you do cause you use a line from his as your sig) Lawhead writes some books sort of like his, different world and is based on Celtic past, but their good, Triligoy of Albion, A great writer differently worth checking out.

Glandalf
Decent... I''ll have to check that out, thanks for the info... while i''m thinking about it... I''d like to get my hands on the StarCraft source code.... so i can fix the stupid path finding algorithm and recompile it

www.databyss.com
www.omlettesoft.com

"Don''t meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
You totally have to vote for the RTS (warcraft2) because RTS games are popular and many people want to see one (me included) plus there is no existing source code for retail RTS games. You can go out and get source code for fps 3d games like quake and many other ones, but there are no RTS source codes out there.

Possibility
Advertisement
RTS shmartee-ess!

Monkey Island is the only one that runs appreciably fast on my P133 at home.

Plus the algorithms for RTS games are so well-known, it''s kinda uninteresting. I''d like to see the SCUMM scripting system from the inside!

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I went with Ultima... I have my reasons

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement