🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Questions

Started by
2 comments, last by Jaxks 24 years ago
I just imagined boring of wINDÖZE. 1.Which SDK´s linux has for GUI developing under x11. 2.anyone using clanlib... 3.or KDEVELOP Could give some links for beginning with linux especially for internet settings. And does aureal''s soundcard work with linux
Advertisement
1. Try either GTK+ or QT: QT is, IMO, better, but GTK+ is more commonly used.

2. I don't, but many other people do. Alternatives are SDL and Allegro.

3. Not yet, but I'm going to give it a shot soon. Looks very nice indeed.

No links for any of these I'm afraid. Do a search for them on Google.

As for internet settings: if you're using KDE, use KPPP; if you're using GNOME, use GPPP or one of the other tools. Otherwise have a look on www.linuxberg.com for PPP setup tools.

I'm pretty sure that Aureal's cards work with Linux. The later A3D cards did have some problems once, I remember, but there's drivers out for them now and they might even be supported directly by the Kernel. In summary... yes, but you might need to do some fiddling to get it to work.

=> Arfa <=

Edited by - arfa on June 4, 2000 6:44:10 AM
=> Arfa <=
Hey, I''ve done a bit of programming recently with Kdevelop. My only gripe is that there''s no e-macs mode (you learn to love it...) for text editing (although I can reach most of the extended keys anyways because I use it on a laptop). Other than that I''ve run into trouble using the qt OpenGL project (I found out that it works just as well if you start a qt project and just add the libraries on and do the includes yourself). And I''ve had trouble with getting htdig to work as a source browser, so you might have trouble looking up class defs or docs. It''s a real good tool and can use the pretty snazzy kdbg debugger from which I have had good experiences with so far. I''ve always been curious about any other IDE''s out there, so if anybody has one that they like please mention it here (or text editors for that matter, but until the day I learn how to make sense of makefiles it will be IDE''s all the way ).

joeG
joeG
There is a free 3D game engine on line call Nebula support both
Win/Linux... you may able to check it out.. but you need to know Tcl/Tk scripe ....so.. if you are interested...go www.radonlabs.de

"Get your drink on..
Get your smoke on..
Get your code on..
Get your game on.."

Edited by - alexbaby on June 8, 2000 1:27:22 PM
"Get your drink on.. Get your smoke on.. Get your code on.. Get your game on.."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement