Advertisement

Apogee Really Sucks

Started by May 31, 2000 06:28 PM
6 comments, last by nes8bit 24 years, 4 months ago
Now, am I breaking any laws? ------------------------ Captured Reality.
Take cover! Apogee(r) is catapulting lawyers at you as we speak!

--TheGoop

Edited by - TheGoop on June 1, 2000 8:31:16 PM
Advertisement
Even if it is kind of slanderish, it is unconstituional.

------------------------
Captured Reality.
pouya- I like your sig. From hitchhiker''s guide, isn''t it?

But is it illegal to say "nes8bit sucks"?

http://www.geocities.com/ben32768

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

Apogee Sucks.Apogee Sucks.Apogee Sucks.Apogee Sucks.Apogee Sucks.Apogee Sucks.Apogee Sucks.Apogee Sucks.Apogee Sucks.

Wanna sue me Apogee? Go ahead. My sorry ass isn''t worth nearly as much as your lawyer''s fees. Go to hell.

What a joke....
Enough. For one, Mr. Miller has stated that that particular page should not be available for public consumption.

Second, Mr. Miller has also stated that the reason for the licensing agreement is to prevent sites from taking a graphic of their''s and modifying it, defacing it, etc. You can say "Apogee sucks", but not if you use any of their logos - which you need their permission to use in the first place.

In any case, GDNet would probably do the same thing. In fact, I''m sure anyone would. The idea is to protect your property even when you''ve given permission to someone to use your property. Perfectly legal.

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
I didn;t say anything bad in here
but still, i deleted my post too. just for fun

- pouya
--------------
The trick to flight is to throw yourself at the ground and miss!!!
that's funny, now benny bunny just doesn't make sense.

oh, I forgot to reply to Khawk. I think it is a bad idea to even say that because people just get the idea to say bad things about the company. Nobody said anything bad (or at least really bad) about apogee and nobody says anything bad about gamedev. I'm betting more people are going to start defacing Apogee logos anyway because of this.

------------------------
Captured Reality.

Edited by - nes8bit on June 1, 2000 8:08:31 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement