This on my IE4... Thank God for Netscape! /\ \/\/ /\ |< <-
/ // / |< <-
Very nice job.

-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
Advertisement
Y''know, if I had that checked accidentally for some reason, it would sure explain a whole hell of a lot...

--{-Seig----

-- EMail: Seigfried@nervhq.org
-- AIM: SeigfriedH
-- EMail: hlclower@comcast.net-- AIM: SeigfriedH
IE really does suck sometimes. Anyone have any idea why my content advisor keeps switching itself on by itself? It''s bloody annoying

"Born of a Broken Man, but not a broken man."
------------------------------"If a job's worth doing it's worth getting someone else to do it for you....."
I swear it''s true!

/\ \/\/ /\ |< <-
/ // / |< <-
What''s a netscape?

Advertisement
IE is the best there is though unfortunately. Netscape really does suck . At least explorer is free.

I''ve found that older versions of IE won''t crash as much as Netscape; however, I''ve heard that when the newer versions crash, they bring the entire OS down! This is due to the integration of IE and Windows. Other than cosmetic reasons, I fail to see why this integration makes things so much "better."

As for which one is better, I''m going to wait for Netscape to finish their 6th version: It obviously has a long way to go, so I''m going to wait until they finish. (FYI: Netscape version 5 existed, but was never released. They liked the Gecko engine so much, they decided to scrap 5.)

"The world isn't run by weapons anymore; or energy, or money; it's run by little ones and zeroes, little bits of data -- it's all just electrons."
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau
Actually, I''ve been using Opera recently, and I like it quite a bit... It doesn''t support Java, but it''s a LOT faster than IE and Netscape, and also has a couple useful features (such as automatically opening a preset group of pages when you start it up; automatic gamedev! Yay! ...

There are some things which will crash it routinely, and it isn''t free (unlike Netscape and IE)... Personally, I registered it for the purpose of supporting browsers that aren''t Netscape or IE.

If you''re interested, check out www.opera.com- like I said, it has some problems, but it''s pretty good in general.

--{-Seig----

-- EMail: Seigfried@nervhq.org
-- AIM: SeigfriedH
-- EMail: hlclower@comcast.net-- AIM: SeigfriedH
It is not true that when explorer crashes it brings down the whole OS. It is possible just to run explorer once it has creashed and that brings the taskbar etc back to life. Well in my experience anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement