Advertisement

Anjuta DevStudio

Started by February 08, 2003 09:49 AM
7 comments, last by owl 21 years, 7 months ago
Anyone use it? Should I install it? I''m installing GTK to see how it looks...
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
wow, finding all the dependencies is a real pain in the ass.
Advertisement
Id sugggest taking a look at Eclipse (eclipse.org) it runs on windows and linux. It has plugins for Java/C++ and alot of other languages.BUT it also requires GTK (on linux)
I''m using Anjuta only as an editor. One thing I like about it is its ability to expand or collapse the code view for various scopes.
Problems with Windows? Reboot! - Problems with Linux? Be root!
I tried Anjuta a little, but I didn''t find how to actually COMPILE the project with it, so I made a compile.sh thingy, by myself.

Height Map Editor | Eternal lands
quote: Original post by Raduprv
I tried Anjuta a little, but I didn't find how to actually COMPILE the project with it, so I made a compile.sh thingy, by myself.

Height Map Editor | Eternal lands

LOL.

I have my Slackware instaled on a 1.5GB partition, and I have only 400MB free, so I thought I could install the gtk and dependencies by hand, but I couldn't because ORBit refuses to configure itself ("Linking is badly borked on your system" WTF!??). So I guess I will continue using Motor . The best (console based) project handler, code editing app I've found so far.

[edited by - xaxa on February 8, 2003 8:57:50 PM]
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Erluk
I''m using Anjuta only as an editor. One thing I like about it is its ability to expand or collapse the code view for various scopes.

If that''s only why you use anjuta,try SciTE, is made with the same edit component,Scintilla

quote: Original post by hpolloni
If that''s only why you use anjuta,try SciTE, is made with the same edit component,Scintilla

Thanks for the hint, but I will continue using Anjuta as it has tabs, too.

Problems with Windows? Reboot! - Problems with Linux? Be root!
I installed KDE3 and KDevelop. I think this is the best i''ve seen arrownd for desktop and development.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement