🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Borland 5 linker errors?

Started by
3 comments, last by JwayneT 24 years, 2 months ago
I was working on some registry code on a friend''s computer for her DOS shell, when I ran into linker errors. I thought that it was specific to her computer (she was using borland builder 4 professional). I just installed Borland Builder 5 standard on my computer and I am running into the same errors. I can compile and run simple console apps, but when I try to use DirectInput I get an "unresolved external" linker error. This also happens when I try to compile some of my windows skeletons.
a.h{text-decoration:none;color:blue;};a.h:hover{text-decoration:underline;background:red;};

Why is it called a hot water heater? Isn't it cold when it goes in the tank?

[email=jtaylor@gtemail.net" class="h]-=CF=-[/email]
Advertisement
Specific errors would be helpful. However, if you''re compiling from command line the most probably event is that you are not specifying the link directory properly. For the directplay, it may be possible that you aren''t linking against the correct version.
[Linker Error] Unresolved external ''DirectInputCreateEx'' referenced from D:\MY DOCUMENTS\CENTAPEED.CPP
[Linker Error] Unresolved external ''_c_dfDIKeyboard'' referenced from D:\my documents\CENTAPEED.CPP

These are the exact errors that I got.

a.h{text-decoration:none;color:blue;};a.h:hover{text-decoration:underline;background:red;};

You must add DINPUT.LIB to your project.

the Gent
aig
I went to "add to project" in the Projects menu. And I selected the apropriate .lib file. It added the following line of code to my .cpp file "USELIB("/*path to .lib file*/);." Now the compiler is saying that the argument to the USELIB() function is wrong, and that it is four unsigned short ints? What I don''t understand is it is the IDE itself that added this line of code, why are the arguments wrong. Does anyone use Builder 5?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement