Advertisement

Gurus, Volume 2?

Started by May 13, 2000 10:35 AM
16 comments, last by zephyr 24 years, 4 months ago
Bought LaMothe''s "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" a few weeks back, and I''ve been reading through it. I keep coming across references to a Volume 2, but I haven''t been able to find any mention of it on Amazon or the SAMS or Macmillan websites. Does it even exist yet? Is there any sort of known release date or is it vapourware? I gather that it will focus on the 3D stuff which was missing from the first book (which he keeps insisting is a 3D book... Can''t argue with that - the book itself has width, height and depth).

zephyr

zephyr

zephyr posted:

I gather that it will focus on the 3D stuff which was missing from the first book (which he keeps insisting is a 3D book... Can''t argue with that - the book itself has width, height and depth).

ROFL!!!

Sorry I can''t really offer a answer to your question, but its certainly a few months off, you might try contacting the publisher for an estimate, or maybe LaMothe himself. Dunno...
Advertisement
i have heard sometime in october or november. however i am really not definate.Just a rumor
I wish there was a button on my monitor to turn up the intellegince. Theres a button called 'brightness' but it doesn't work
http://www.chapters.ca/books/details/default.asp?ISBN=0672313618&UID=893E6763D76E11D3908100508B62B151&WSID=1801893E6760D76E11D3908100508B62

seems to be it

i dont really know , but it seems to

"Your thoughts are the reality, the phisical side is the illusion"
Zephyr did you steal your name from zephyr the graffiti artist?
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
quote: Original post by pavlo
http://www.chapters.ca/books/details/default.asp? [...]
seems to be it
i dont really know , but it seems to

Hm. They seem to have titled it a bit different than the first book. They have "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus: The Next Generation for Windows Programmers", but I would say it''s still the first book. Same cover, published in 1999, same ISBN.

- n8

nathany.com
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Chris F

Zephyr did you steal your name from zephyr the graffiti artist?

I just always liked the word. Never heard of the graffiti artist. Well, there is also a character in "Babar"...

zephyr

zephyr

Try mailing necron@xgames3d.com
He''s writing the blessed thing !!!
Hi guys,

I wrote Lord Necron (Andre Lamothe) and he seems very very busy so I wouldn''t pound him with questions right now. You know he has to write a book, deal with publishers, and fight the Hasbro lawsuit. I know the feeling, I''ve been dealing with our purchasing department and incompetent companies with no quality control whatsoever. It just makes one sick.

Anyway, he says he is writing everyday for 4 hours in the morning and is on Chapter 8. So we know it''s not out there yet, but it should be coming along.

So in conclusion,

1) Not yet, he is working on it.
2) He probably needs some words of encouragement, but I''m not sure you should interrupt him.
"If you build it, it will crash."
As far as him calling volume 1 a 3D book, I think it may have a miscalculation. I don''t think he wrote the first volume beggining to end - he jumped around a lot. I gather that it was originally supposed to be a single volume. It grew to large and the decided to split it and include the 3d stuff in a second volume. He makes a few vague mentions of this throughtout.

Just my take...

My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement