Advertisement

To Mr.Rhino The Moderator

Started by May 10, 2000 04:21 PM
4 comments, last by Zipster 24 years, 4 months ago
I''ve noticed that the number in the Replies column isn''t always accurate. Like that one post you wanted on the Soapbox, its says 0 replies. Maybe its just me, or is that something wrong? Just wanted to point that out .
This problem has been reported about 10000000000000000000000000000000000 times (plus or minus a few trillion or so )

Honestly, though... I wish people would stop commenting on it... it would also be nice, though if the search engine worked so that I could yell at people to use it before they make dumb posts but I haven''t been able to use it in quite a while (I get server timeout errors) and I''ve heard that its not working for other people, so I guess I can''t rant and rave right now... You got lucky today hehe

Check out the GPI project today!
Advertisement
suggestion to dave: just make a little note where it shows the number of replies and say that there''s a bug with the counter and it will be fixed in future. this is like the 4th or the 5th time that i see someone starting a thread to report the wrong reply numbers. and i''m sure u''ve seen more than me

- pouya
well im sorry ive never seen it before, so calm down CHIPPY!!

Someone needs to stop popin'' pills! *cough*chippydip*cough*

-----------------------------------------------------------
PCMCIA - People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms
ISDN - It Still Does Nothing
APPLE - Arrogance Produces Profit-Losing Entity
SCSI - System Can't See It
DOS - Defunct Operating System
BASIC - Bill's Attempt to Seize Industry Control
IBM - I Blame Microsoft
DEC - Do Expect Cuts
CD-ROM - Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months
OS/2 - Obsolete Soon, Too.
WWW - World Wide Wait
MACINTOSH - Most Applications Crash; If Not, The Operating System Hangs
Sorry... didn''t mean to be so harsh... I was trying to explain that I understand (partially) why people repost things that have already been mentioned. The search thing doesn''t work and the FAQ page doesn''t have all that much useful info. Its been suggested before (and I think its a great idea) to give each forum a separate FAQ... maybe even put the link in REALLY BIG letters or something and put a message on the New post page that says "Has your questions already been answered? Check the FAQ or search the site to find out."

At any rate, I''m sorry if I offended you

Check out the GPI project today!
Mike''s been working on the counter. It should be fixed soon. We''re also going to implement a FAQ for each forum. By "we" what I really mean is Mike. He''s responsible for the forums software. If there is something you think he''s not aware of, send an e-mail to mike@gamedev.net.

Dave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement