🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Compilers, which one?

Started by
5 comments, last by ettamme 24 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys, ive been programming for a while and im just getting involved in directX. I have VC++ studio edition, but i use DevC++ ( a freeware compiler) because i dont like VC++. The only problem is that DEVC++ dosnt support directX stuff. Im looking for a nice either freeware or inexpensive <= $100 compiler that is windows based and supports directX development. Let me know what you like to use. Thanks, ~Eric
"there is beer coming from the chimney, code 3, I am proceeding on foot,i repeat bring pretzles."
Advertisement
Borland C++ Command line tools is available for free. Check out www.borland.com for more info.
Personally, I like VC++ a great deal. I use 6.0. It comes with an IDE and debugger that are both great and save me a lot a time.

Sieggy
Thats lovely, but i dont like VC++ and im looking for a different compiler. That was the whole purpose of this post!
"there is beer coming from the chimney, code 3, I am proceeding on foot,i repeat bring pretzles."
Codewarrior 5.3 is pretty good. Not yet 100% ansi compliant, though so if you plan heavy use of templates, you might want to try something else.

Also, I believe that gcc has a Windows port. You should check at cygnus.

Be reading you,
David
Yeah it is.
quote: http://www.metrowerks.com/desktop/mac_os/

CodeWarrior empowers you to develop the most advanced C/C++ applications. CodeWarrior is ANSI/ISO C/C++ compliant, including support for member templates, class template partial specialization, virtual function overrides with covariant return types, partial template function ordering, and function-try-blocks. With CodeWarrior's unrivalled ANSI/ISO C/C++ support, you can develop truly advanced mathematical and/or scientific C/C++ applications.

Edited by - firahs on May 9, 2000 10:38:53 AM
Not sure about Borland stuff - it probably allows interfacing with DirectX, but that CodeWarrior thingiemadjing, does it support COM?

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement