🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Final Fantasy never final!

Started by
7 comments, last by Zipster 24 years, 2 months ago
I just though it was funny that its called Final Fantasy, but its never final! They have 8 of ''em, and going, hehe! PCMCIA - People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms ISDN - It Still Does Nothing APPLE - Arrogance Produces Profit-Losing Entity SCSI - System Can't See It DOS - Defunct Operating System BASIC - Bill's Attempt to Seize Industry Control IBM - I Blame Microsoft DEC - Do Expect Cuts CD-ROM - Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months OS/2 - Obsolete Soon, Too. WWW - World Wide Wait MACINTOSH - Most Applications Crash; If Not, The Operating System Hangs
Advertisement
The people at Square can''t help themselves. Can the entire series really becalled sequels? No. Square knows that people will be interested just because of the name.

Domini
quote: Original post by Zipster

I just though it was funny that its called Final Fantasy, but its never final! They have 8 of ''em, and going, hehe!

PCMCIA - People Can''t Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms
ISDN - It Still Does Nothing
APPLE - Arrogance Produces Profit-Losing Entity
SCSI - System Can''t See It
DOS - Defunct Operating System
BASIC - Bill''s Attempt to Seize Industry Control
IBM - I Blame Microsoft
DEC - Do Expect Cuts
CD-ROM - Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months
OS/2 - Obsolete Soon, Too.
WWW - World Wide Wait
MACINTOSH - Most Applications Crash; If Not, The Operating System Hangs

Where ever the hell did you get those from? They''re cool. Don''t even tell me that you wasted hours writing those...Then again I should be doing homework right now.
I find the new FF games rather booring, because you just part of a looooooong movie.

No I would say that FF was final and finished after game number 3, but that´s just my simple opinion.

Do anyone know where you can get Lufia II, because number I was rather cool... (:
<<>> The Big ? <<>>
Do you all know WHY they called it Final Fanatsy? Because Square used to be this cheesy little company who had a string of bad games. Before going out business, they decided to make one last game. Their fantasy was to become a huge success, and this game was their final- thus, they called it Final Fantasy.
If they change the name, they''d probably screw themselves over- plus, the make great games, so don''t penalize them too much for it!

GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Square is not doing anything wrong. What I like about the series,is that they are different. Think about how tired the story would be after 7 sequels(Mega Man).

Domini
OMG! That must''ve been the most informative post you ever did Fredric! Really! That really is the reason they called it Final Fantasy!

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." - The Shining
"You people make me sick" (<--Don''t use it or I will kill you

...because I have never seen sooo much anti-square people and NEVER have I seen or even heard of a somewhat close to anti-megaman remark.

BTW: Each Final Fantasy is Final since they are different from each other.
It is my FINAL decision: The final fantasy series rules! I am loving FF8 despite occasional critiques I''ve heard.

Also isn''t ultima (game not the spell) meant to refer to the end or something similar? It took 9 Numbered ones to get through that ( then there was 7 parts 1 and 2, akalabeth, underworld, online...) not that I''m saying ultima is bad! It isn''t, Ultima is great!

Though the plot is linear, it allows for much more complexity and detail as the writers only need to make one story, and the FMV''s are evenly spaced, after the beginning and really carry the game along.

Oh, and if you''re wondering abouit my recent absence for several days FF8 is at fault!

J2xC

------------------------------
About time I put something funny here? I think so too...
J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement