🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Including Head Files in VC++

Started by
0 comments, last by zippo 24 years, 2 months ago
This is going to sound incredibly stupid, and I feel foolish for asking, but I''ve just recently installed VC6 onto a computer in my office. I''ve gotten into C++, and am just becoming truly aquainted with the VC environment. I have it at home, but it was originally setup by someone else. Anyways, I''ve installed it here and all looks right, but when I go to include the stdio.h header file, then use something simple, like cout, it tells me it''s an undeclared identifier. I checked the settings and the directory that stdio.h is kept in is included as one of the directories to include for storing header files and reading them. I''m really not sure why it isn''t working. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I''m sure I''ll be fine. Thanks! zippo
Advertisement
This may have something to do with the fact that cout is part of the C++ IO system, and thus included in iostream, not stdio.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement