Advertisement

how to install MSVC++ on Linux

Started by December 27, 2002 08:58 PM
14 comments, last by openGLdruid 21 years, 8 months ago
Oh, I thought that was KDevelop for a second. "Wow, I don''t remember KDevelop looking that much like Anjuta...wait a sec..."

Anjuta is a really good IDE, and would be even better if it had more large project support (virtual subfolders) and more autocomplete stuff. I also wish I could rightclick on an #include line and open the included file, like in MSVC.

You know what I wish the GIMP had? A modifier stack (or is it called history stack now?), like Photoshop!
I like the DARK layout!
Anjuta is great as a development environment, and I think the newer versions should smoothen those rough edges, aside from that the only thing which i find missing is the msvc debugger.

some programs you will find invaluable under linux, prozilla a download accelerator like dap, lftp for ftp client, SciTE (scintilla.org) as a all purpose text editor, abiword - msword,
gflashplayer flash player from macromedia, opera / galeon as a webbrowser, dillo if you need a really light one, sylpheed as a fast email client or evolution if you like ms outlook, ctags for jumping to function declarations, xcdroast for writing cds, rox filer as a explorer replacement. I also suggest reading the dos to linux howto (ldp.org), also go for redhat or mandrake distros as they are more user friendly.
Advertisement
Wow! I''d never seen or used SciTE, but its AWESOME! Why doesn''t Gnome come with this instead of gEdit? Have Nautilus open next to it and you''ve almost got an IDE!
I like the DARK layout!
quote: Original post by googlyeyes
I don''t think any microsoft product would work in any
non-microsoft operating system.

Actually, Microsoft ported Internet Explorer to both HP unix and to Sun Solaris. They haven''t updated with the new versions, though.

MS Office also has a Mac version.
Yeah, not to mention IE, which is actually GOOD on Macs. Seriously, it is. The Mac version of IE is practically the best web browser ever, if it had ways to turn off pop ups and had tabbing support...
MSVC++ -> g++/gcc with an interface you like.
glimmer (glimmer.sf.net), kdevelop
devcpp...
well, there are lots... just search for you''re text
editor in sf.net or google.
I just use nedit

Webbrowser-> mozzila (F),konquerror (F),lynx (hehe ,F),netscape (F),opera ($ or demo)
I use mozilla a lot.

If you we''re dutch I could give you the link of the dutch linux user network...
anyway search in google for "linux (distro) installation,network"...
or find a linux forum/ask here

Best,
Frank
Let there be light,and there was code

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement