Advertisement

What is wrong with my mouse?

Started by December 12, 2002 02:05 PM
5 comments, last by Modena_au 21 years, 9 months ago
Hey all. I was on here a couple days ago complaining because I disabled my mouse. Well, after screwing things up quite nicely I''ve got it pretty much straitened out. Thank you to everyone who took the time to get me back up and running. The problem I''m still having though is that my mouse pointer likes to take off like a bat out of hell after moving the mouse pointer a little bit. It staying in one place when I don''t touch it, but other than that it runs off to the top right hand corner of my thing is driving me nuts!!!! Well thank you in advance. screen. The problem is with the little red track point on my laptop keyboard. It is an IBM R31 laptop if that helps. This thing is driving me nuts!!!! Well thank you in advance.
I am having this same probelm on my computer. I am running SuSE 7.2. Now my mouse works fine when I use a Serial type mouse, but when I got an optical mouse, it is PS22. The mouse cursor always would go to the bottom left corner of my screen when it was moved. I tested it out with other non-optical mice and they did the same thing. My conclusion was that my Linux system has some issue with PS/2 type mice but I have no idea why.

- Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.
- Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.
Advertisement
did you have the mouse protocol set right in your XF86Config?

[edited by - necromancer_df on December 13, 2002 8:46:38 PM]
What should a laptop trackpoint be set too? It works ok sometimes, but just randomly it will take off on me.
how do you know its dead/disabled?

''Gooddddaaaaaaaam it, it squeaks you fool... well it used to,
i think!!''

Mabye it doesnt like you, which is why it trys to run into the top corner.

you could try to entice it into the centre of the screen, Cheese normaly works, but not always. some mice (who live in expencive computers) are tooooo posh for normal chedear, so try brie, they like that.

Any other suddjestions for things to entice the mouce out of the corner?

My head speaks a language i dont understand.
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.
Well a little comedy never hurt anyone I suppose. I didn''t fix the problem, so much as I did make it go away. In the top tool bar of my Gnome desktop (and bottom of my KDE) I had a little battery monitor applet. I noticed this was the problem, because I started X up while I was in root, and naturally, since the desktops were unmodified, the applet wasn''t there, and neither was the problem.
I just sorta figured it was the only possibility after comparing what was different. What an odd thing to scare the shit out of my mouse eh? Oh well, I just have to watch the battery myself I suppose, or get some brie for my desktop in hopes that the mouse forgets about the scary battery monitor. Well it''s late, so g''night all.
Advertisement
sorry, it''s me being annoying.
HA HA HA HA HA HAAA.

My head speaks a language i dont understand.
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement