🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A question I really hate to ask

Started by
14 comments, last by Qoy 24 years, 3 months ago
I think Windows is possessed... Damn, I mean, I know that it''s buggy, but please. They must have some genius programmers at microsoft to program an os that actually has free will to piss off it''s users

Hehe.

I''ll try the logging off and on again

Thank!

By the way, if anyone else has any suggestions, continue to pour them in!
Advertisement
I think there are some shareware programs that solve the problem. Don''t know what they are, though.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau
What you COULD do - is delete everything, that way they can''t get out-of-order

I don''t auto-arrange stuff anyway, I use my windows desktop like my real desktop - CLUTTER MAGNET!

All my colleagues go mental when they see the amount of crap I have on there ;-)
( can I help it if I like to work in a pigsty! )

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
MadKeithV : deleting everything whouldn''t work cuz there''s noway to get "My computer" and "Recycle Bin" off from the desktop (unless ofcourse u delete the whole operating system)

what i would suggest to do is to install a new version of windows perhaps win2k if u want (stupid suggestion)

- pouya
I have that problem at work all the time too. Another thing it does, is when I minimize a folder I''m working in, save the files (in VB) then restore the folder to it''s normal size, all the icons are arranged in a collumn. I''m sure it''s because when VB saves, it basically makes all new files, and when the folder''s minimized, it thinks it''s width is that of the button on the taskbar. But it''s annoying!

Yet another reason I love my Mac at home.

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
I got that problem after updating my display driver which forces me to install a version of its powerdesk utility (Matrox G200). Since then my Windows leaves all icons where they were originally created, and the ''Shut Down, and Restrat Comp'' buttons won''t work properly hehe.
I don''t really care cause I''m messy and I feel my desktop should reflect that..and as for shutting down the computer using that Microsoft method....

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." - The Shining

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement