🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D Studio Max Educational

Started by
5 comments, last by Jeranon 24 years, 2 months ago
Having only just "discovered" that there is an educational version of 3D Studio Max R3 that costs a mere AUS$200 (about US$130) WITH Character Studio (I''m in Australia if you don''t understand my currency notation), I am trying to justify to myself whether or not I should get it. Afterall, considering the "normal" price, a 90%+ reduction in price for students is very scrumptious indeed! Anyone out there care to push me over the edge or pull me back from my possible insanity?
JeranonGame maker wannabe.
Advertisement
hmmm, the cheapest i saw 3dsmax R3 (student) was 900...where are you looking?

$130 dollars! Sheesh! Where did you find that deal, the cheapest I could find it anywere was $900 too, I ended up getting it for $1000 with Character Studio and Painter 3D. If you can get it for $130 you definitely should.
What Jeranon says is true. College students can take advantage of a reduced price. If I remember right, you have to be a student to get the reduced price. Since one of the important aspects is 3DS Max and Character Studio, the price rocks. You can usually find the software somewhere on campus. If you want to find a place that offers the software, make sure that they teach 3DS Max classes. If you can find a class that teaches it, you can usually find out where the software is.

And if all else fails, get a student to buy you one.

Edited by - Deis on 4/28/00 10:32:46 PM
We know that we get discounts...just not $130

yep, the 900 IS the student price. i''d also like to know where to get it for 130 bucks. man, that''s cheaper than photoshop! that''s almost cheaper than vc++!!

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Ok, here''s the website page in question...
http://www.softexpress.com.au/eshop/webdriver?MIval=info_page&infopagenr=50

Remember, this is in Australia, and from what I''ve seen on the site, they don''t do international orders, so if you''re in Australia, go for it!

Alright, you''ve convinced me to get it, so I better get going before I find out this was a limited time offer!
JeranonGame maker wannabe.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement