🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

paulcoz is quitting

Started by
11 comments, last by paulcoz 24 years, 2 months ago
Not that it''s a great loss to the programming/gamedev world or anything, but I am ceasing work on my 3D engine. I thought I was just getting to the interesting stuff (eg. implementing additional world object types etc..) but I really have had enough of being thwarted at this point in time. You really must give these programmers credit for their persistence, probably because that is their calling in life and they would not want to do anything else. You probably won''t see me posting on this site any longer, I will be shutting out the cruel world (well for a little while anyway) and doing something I enjoy even more than programming - trying to compose some music. I am going to get my hands on a decent sound card and some good software and after I have been locked in for room for a few months you are bloody going to hear of my musical exploits, assuming I don''t get completely bummed by fate. I-Shaolin, SiCrane, Staffan, Jeff Lander, Myopic Rhino, felisandria, thanks for helping me with my code, I have let you down I feel. Regards, Paulcoz.
Advertisement
Sorry you feel that way , at least you gave it all you had . I for one cannot imagine life without coding .Good luck on your next venture.

I knew the man before he died , Hell has chosen well.
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
Good luck and the very best wiches!
So soon as you return ill love to hear some of your music!!!

Btw...im leaving you all too...for a about 3 month period
...But so soon ill get in contact with a computer ill be here and terrorize you all at the forums...posting!...
Best regards Jenny/

And im still sorry for my very lots of spell errs!
Cause of going to england will correect most of them (hopefully ..)

JEWELAYE
Jewelaye
You aren''t letting us down paul... it''s normal to need a break. Personally I''ve been taking a break for a while now, I''m just starting to gear up for another run at it... a code break that is, I''ve been here of course, as well as writing some music and making attempts at art with relatively scary results (I cannot understand how some of you people can whip out stuff that looks good. My stick figures are crooked. ). Remember that if you need help on music and the related hardware and software, there are people here who can help you with that too (me for one *smile*)

Good luck with the music! For me, composing is always intellectually easier but creatively more difficult.

-fel

~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
I too, will be out of touch for a while this summer...well not really out of touch, i just wont have access to a computer everyday as i am going on the firahs world tour.

Yeah...youll all miss me

GDNet without firahs. I''m beginning to break down...

---

At least I''ll still be here to terrorize everyone into coding...

- DarkMage139
- DarkMage139
heh, im not leaving until May31st...hmm, maybe i can use the internet on the plane? Well, you got about a month left of me, so dont be too sad.

quote: Original post by firahs

heh, im not leaving until May31st...hmm, maybe i can use the internet on the plane? Well, you got about a month left of me, so dont be too sad.

Where you goin'' firahs? What exactly is the "Firahs World Tour"
I''ll be mostly out during the summer also, since in Germany it costs $$ for even a local call. Thank Deushe Telekom (sp?) for that. Has monopoly on the phone system in Germany. However, my programming will increase, and what little time I have online will probably be spent updating my site to follow the progress of my programs. Heck, I might even put the programs themselves online.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau
Heheh well you''ll all be sorry to know I''m NOT leaving over summer, I will NOT stop posting, and I''m NOT taking a coding break at all

No such luck guys, you''ll have to put up with ME all the time.

#pragma DWIM // Do What I Mean!
~ Mad Keith ~
**I use Software Mode**
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement