🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Any helpful information on how to create a game.

Started by
5 comments, last by DarkOne 24 years, 2 months ago
I have a lot of ideas for games that I think would be very enjoyable for a lot of people, but the problem is that I only have theories on what type of programming language that is used, and other programs that are used to create what we play on PC and console systems. Any personal, web site information for the steps to create a game from start to finish would be very welcome.
Advertisement
There''s alot involved with building games, but at least you''re at the right website. There''s a ton of info on different programming and game elements here. Also, you might want to check out a level editor if your game is going to be a 3D game. You can download WorldCraft 2.1 or Genesis3D since they''re free. Basically, just search through this site to find what you need. This is the best site I''ve seen so far.
Learn C++, Informit, look in the free library section!
Once you''ve learned C++ (or C), learn Win32. Buy a book for that. Once you''re done with Win32, learn DirectX. You''ll also have to buy a book for that, but check out all the books that you could possibly on on computer programming at Amazon.

GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
You are in the right place , search around on ths site.One attribute you''ll need is to be resourseful.

..Trying to take me outta the Ghetto , but I'm still buck wild . So I'll hustle up wit em , knuckle up wit em hoody hooo..............
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
This has been a helpful site. Granted I am not a game programmer yet I have not even created my first game yet but I''m working on it.

Don''t give up it takes time trust me!

***"When I die, don't bury me, Just hook me up to my computer and I will live forever!"***
***"When I die, don't bury me, Just hook me up to my computer and I will live forever!"***
Sincipher,

My first original game was a text based one. Granted, it was pretty lame, but it worked!!!

- DarkMage139
- DarkMage139
New? Start Here

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement