🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

errors .....:(

Started by
6 comments, last by David Herod 24 years, 2 months ago
on account of me being a new programmer, i get many errors while compiling, and i''ve no idea what they''re talking about. So can anyone tell me what "unresolved externals" are? It''s getting frustrating.... "Born of a Broken Man, but not a broken man."
------------------------------"If a job's worth doing it's worth getting someone else to do it for you....."
Advertisement
Which compiler are you using??

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
Does it really matter??

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
sorry i should have said
I''m using Visual C++ standard edition

"Born of a Broken Man, but not a broken man."
------------------------------"If a job's worth doing it's worth getting someone else to do it for you....."
Give us the specific errors if you want morehelp.

Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
tractors.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__PlaySoundA@12

is that any help? i was trying to play wav files using a menu, but it didn''t like it. All the sound files are in the right folder. I don''t get it

"Born of a Broken Man, but not a broken man."
Are you using DirectSound? Could you have possibly forgotten to include the .h and .lib file in your project? What that error basicly says is that you called the function PlaySound() and VC++ doesn''t know what the heck you''re talking about.

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
As has been implied, it doesn''t matter what compiler you are using or what you are trying to do, "Unresolved external" errors always mean the same thing: The compiler (the linker, really) can''t find the definition of something you declared. It usually means you forgot to add a needed library to your project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement