🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Depressed teenager. Read this.

Started by
43 comments, last by kill 24 years, 2 months ago
Hi. It''s 11:59pm, and I am extremely depressed, and since this is the only place that apparently has intelligent people, I think I will post here. It''s not to prove a point, I am just trying to release the tension. I am a senior in high school, and for 3 and a half years I''ve been there I only made two real good friends. I used to have a lot more, but they turned out 1. Not very intelligent, and 2. Too damn insecure. Insecurity alone is more or less ok, but stupid insecure people, that''s a dangerous combination. My question is: are all people as dumb as people in high school? What is the world coming to? Go to AOL profiles, and read what it says. 99% of the profiles start with "WAzUp BoYz and GaLZ". No need to continue. Or is it only teenagers? In fact, if so many teenagers are so damn stupid and insecure, I can''t understand how come they don''t kill themselves off commiting suicides. Anyway, if this post is way too sick, never mind.
Advertisement
Well, I know what you mean. I happen to be lucky enough to live in a rather smart town, but, where I used to live, my friend weren''t exactly the cream of the crop. But, I really didn''t care too much about that, and, it turns out they had a lot of other good attributes to them that were just as worth of friendship as someone who was smart. Basically, just give people a chance. (Of course, I''m only 13, maybe stuff changes in High School, if so, disregard this post)
Well I definately agree...
I think people are either to immature, or still hung up on this popularity complex. Its pretty sick.

Ive heard that college is completely different though. Im sure everyone can back that statement up.
I know how you feel... I live in a town where 10% of the teenagers want to suceed in life, and 90% that could care less. You know that type: they don''t do homework, talk like morons and they think partying and drinking beer is more important than studying for a test. Don''t let it get to you, though; just realize that when you''re in a great job making good money, they''ll still be working at K-mart as a cashier.

- Trelane
With friends, it''s not the quantity but the quality that counts. Many young people don''t realize that. Be happy that you have two. Some people don''t have any.

You will come to find that things will get much better once you leave high school. Certainly don''t judge the world by high school. All the things that seem important now will change once you are out.
everyone always mentions how college is a lot better, and in most cases it is. Too bad for me. By coincidence my grade in highschool had a higher percentage of people worth being friends with (the teachers said we were the smartest too, and I think they meant it) and it was really neat. Then I went to a dumb college. You know how college is supposed to be filled with intersting people that you''d want to be friends with? Well apparently the boring people all have to go somewhere. Too bad I go to the boring people college.
I can relate to this so much. I used to have one smart friend, a fellow programmer, but he moved away, the worst thing that ever happened to me. The friends I have now are stupid jerks. But they are the only people I can stand to be around. Let me ask people something. Where do logically intelligent people belong. First I thought they were the ''nerds'' but I have seen that these people just have good memories and sometimes have no logic whatsoever. I do not know where we belong, all I know is that we are rare. Most teenagers just try to be like everyone else, all they care about is being cool. It is really hard to have friends that share absolutely none of your interests. The main problem is that they are not at all scientific, meaning that NOBODY WONDERS!!!. If I had just one friend that liked to talk about philosophy my life would be so much better.

*** Triality ***
*** Triality ***
Yeah that sucks man, i had and still have the same problem. You have to understand the average iq of humanity isnt so great. Many teens are too focused on what they are going to do to impress the chick in algebra the next day wrather than on learning. It''s tough to find friends that are as motivated and as interested in learning as you yourself might be. It''s hard when you want to talk to your friends about something you learned and all they do is, "oh yeah, cool" and keep talking about some chick they want to hook up with, or how they can talk their brother into buying beer. You just are over their head, and sometimes you literally have to "talk down" to them to have a conversation. It''s sad and sounds cruel, but true. It''s true that college is different, but usually it''s not going to be that much different when finding friends. Smart and motivated people are hard to find now days. They really are, but those smart and motivated people are usually the success stories, and not the ones who bitch and moan about their piss poor jobs. What I find in college is that most kids are focused on "getting by" and on finding a good party on the weekend. The other problem with finding these kinds of friends , is that they many times dont know how to maintain their motivation and focus without being a complete social outcast. Its tough, and you just gotta deal with it, but there are smart and motivated as well as socially graceful people that are dealing with this same problem, all you need to do is meet!
I wasn''t even going to respond to this, but i see how sad this is getting...

Where the hell do you people live? And what the hell is wrong with you? How dare you classify people into such stereotypes then claim _YOU_ are not understood... I''m by no means in the "cool" crowd, and I often think that I am better then many people, but I still find many people with similar intrests and I can still carry on conversations with other people.. Should it be math, science, polotics, philosophy, cars, movies, TV, blood/violece/sex.... You people need to get off your pedastles and change your attitude, especially the "it''ll be better in college" crap..

--SR

----------------------------
"To err is human... To really foul things up requires a computer.."
----------------------------
----------------------------"To err is human... To really foul things up requires a computer.."----------------------------
hey Kill, did it ever occur to you in your vast self-centered universe that maybe it is you that is the insecure one? Somebody who puts themselves on a pedestal intellectually over their own friends has a bad case of a superiority complex and is usually very naive.

Im a junior, with a low GPA and no ambition in school, I go out usually every weekend with my friends...does that make me stupid and insecure? Not to say that all of the ''dawgs'' and ''niggers'' are geniuses that are just misunderstood...I admit when I hear and see some of those bastards I want to recreate a Columbine sceen, but it is always the stupid insecure freinds who hold me back and calm my boiling hatred to a small simmering rage...So do not blame the stupid and insecure for your own insecurities and naivity...there is noone to blame but yourself.

-Gaw,
If your world is not for you, you have basically three choices..
-Change yourself to fit your world
-Change your world to fit yourself
-End it all..
For most I recommend the first two before the latter, as suicide is often seen as a feeble way of trying to gather attention...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement