🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Wierd error... wierd indeed... w/ IE5

Started by
9 comments, last by OldManDave 24 years, 2 months ago
AutoComplete, the IE5''s cool feature (that displays what URL you want to go to using a few beginning letters) is sorta messed up... The following URL: ''http://www.gamedev.net/gamedev.asp'' is being suggested _even_ after I Clear the History and Delete Temp Inet Files! It isn''t supposed to do that... the rest of the websites are cleared out... except that URL above. What''s wrong? GameDEV Staff: Is this a ''new thing''? A new feature to help us save the typing? I want to get rid of this, because I''m on the Computer at work, and I don''t want to seem to my boss as if I were at GameDev.net during work. OldManDave
Advertisement
It''s explorers fault. Don''t blame it on the staff. They will hunt you down... ok they won''t

? ?
I stumbled across a solution to your problem while I was debugging some java-script.
Go to:
Tools Menu>Internet Options>Advanced

In the Browser tree look for something that says
"Use inline Autocomplete in Windows Explorer"
"Use inline Autocomplete for Web Addresses"

I think those could solve your problem
Hmm... doesn''t seem to work.

It happened to me in home computer too! Does it happen to you guys??
Sorry, the AP above was me. IE doesn''t put my password in automatically anymore!
I don''t have this problem as I merely have to hit the "Home" button to get to Gamedev.net

"Born of a Broken Man, but not a broken man."
------------------------------"If a job's worth doing it's worth getting someone else to do it for you....."
It''s not anything we''re doing.
Well, I don''t know what to do. It doesn''t bug me. The only time I worry about the browsers history is at school. Good thing they have Macs with Explorer on it. It is easier to remove the history there.
Sometime I get this too. Close IE, then use Windows Explorer to open the history and temporary internet files folders. Empty them from there. On my machine, if I delete more than 20 files out of the Temp. Internet folder, it freezes for 2-3 seconds and then responds to me. Then I have to click view>refresh to see that it actually deleted. If your''s is the same, don''t do anything until it''s done or you''ll lock it up for good (this sucks). You can kindof hear when it''s done, the CPU will make a small noise.

"YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?" Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein
"Who wants to live forever?" Queen
"Never trust a bald barber" me
B^)
Listen I had the same problem go to Control Panel then go to Internet options and theyre should be an option that says erase websites.
MACS RULE!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement