🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

JavaScript games, you may think I'm crazy...

Started by
5 comments, last by webspynner_99 24 years, 2 months ago
I like making games using java-script(No, not java, but it''s weaker cousin) and Dynamic HTML. It may sound crazy, but I find it fun to try to make a game when it is nearly impossible. I''ve made a dear hunter game that randomly places the deer and trees, A spy hunter game that you have to use clues to find the spy, a color clicking game similar to Simon, an alien shooting game where you shoot fast moving lasers and slow moving rockets from you flying saucer at a big octopus like alien, an RPG tiling engine(that was easy), and some other things I can''t think of right now. I''m currently working on a dungeon exploration game. I onced tried a FPS, got close to getting the movement down, but not quite. I have seen JS games like a 3d movement racer, a game like Afterburner (remember that game), one like Super Mario Bros, pacman, and breakout. What do you all think of this? "YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?" Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein "Who wants to live forever?" Queen "Never trust a bald barber" me B^)
Advertisement
That''s really cool. Where could I find your games?

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall

nothing wrong with java-script...

A colleague of mine and I ported the wireframe maze code from "Gardens of the Imagination" to java script. It had cheezy character, item generation, etc.. but, you could wander the halls picking up stuff. We got bored with it, but it was fun at the time...

I think its pretty cool to be able to run something like that from within a browser..

Here is a really cool Java Mahjongg game that I am quite addicted to.

Z

Yeah, sure... we are laughing WITH you ...
JS 3D Games? Then this is for you friend. http://www.wildtangent.com

And oh yeah, FYI java-script has no relation with Java other than name. Also another thing you can do is use Flash for your animation and JS as your code logic check out http://www.flashzone.com and goto the games and link pages.

Don''t forget one of the first few demos of DHTML by MS was Asteroids, which IMHO was very cool at that time.

-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
Yes, definately check out wildtangent. Some of the stuff you can do with JS is amazing now.

Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
I don''t have any of my games online, but you can see some very neat ones at http://plaza.harmonix.ne.jp/~jimmeans/.
Oh ya, I also made a script that could be used to password protect a site. What it did was used a user entered pin number to encrypt a user enter password, and if that matched a stored value, then it let you in. I also made one that would encrypt text, but when I upgraded to IE5 from IE3 it didn''t work anymore. Still working on a new one. Finally, I made a letter counting script that would aid in breaking simple monoalphabetic ciphers.

"YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?" Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein
"Who wants to live forever?" Queen
"Never trust a bald barber" me
B^)
I''ve come up with a couple of theories concerning game language.

#1: If it works, then who cares what language it''s in?
#2: If a purist gets on your case for not using the "right" language you have the inalienable write to laugh at him/her and say "and where is YOUR working game?"

-fel, MFC custom control game writer extraordinaire *grin*
~ Yeah, I''m working on DDraw now. ~
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement