🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

just a quick easter question

Started by
2 comments, last by MASARANDUBA 24 years, 2 months ago
just a thing.. here in Brazil in the easter we give chocolat eggs for the people that we like ( like in the xmas) but i never hearded about anyting like easter celebration in other places in the world , in fact if they don´t make jokes about easter bunnys i will think that there easter in Brazil( think about, it is anyone seen easter in a movie)so what a hell you not-Brazilian do in easter??????? -save the trees, kill a beaver
Advertisement
Where I live (<--See) we have a easter egg hunt. Basically adults set up easter eggs in hidden areas. After that they gather up all of the kids and they go race to get as many plastic eggs as possible. Of course the eggs contain candy.

In the Philippines, they have strange sacrificial ceremonies. Not like killing people, just they do strange things. If you are considered a sinner, you can go out and carry a holy cross on your back and walk through the entire city. (See Marilyn Manson-Dope Show for an example) Others cut their backs and whip them selves on their backs repeatedly and walk throughout the city. Like I said, it is strange.

: Kill the trees, you can kill the beaver.
That might be strange for you, but it''s probably not strange for them

We have the easter-egg hunt here in Sweden too.

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Definately not for them. It is like Christmas to them, but not a replacement to Christmas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement