🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Best MUDS?

Started by
6 comments, last by komi 24 years, 2 months ago
Hey, I just got that 30 day trial of Zmudd, and I have played a few MUDS using TELNET, but that sucks. So, anyways, I was wondering which MUD(s) are the funnest and most exciting to play? Well, that''s about it, cya guys. - Eric
Advertisement
Though I haven''t played very many, one that I have gotten into is Seventh Cirlce (mud.oro.net). I haven''t gotten very far in it, but I find it rather addictive. Some one suggested The Lyons Den (den.mudservices.com port 4444) to me, though I haven''t played it yet.
Where is this Zmudd program? How much does it cost after the 30 day trial?

"YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?" Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein
"Who wants to live forever?" Queen
"Never trust a bald barber" me
B^)
Look, im cool.
Im not panicking.
I wont scream.
MUME is the BEST THERE WAS, THE BEST THERE IS and THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE !!!
try mume.pvv.org 4242

-kertropp

C:\Projects\rg_clue\ph_opt.c(185) : error C3142: 'PushAll' :bad idea
C:\Projects\rg_clue\ph_opt.c(207) : error C324: 'TryCnt': missing point
-kertropp C:Projectsrg_clueph_opt.c(185) : error C3142: 'PushAll' :bad ideaC:Projectsrg_clueph_opt.c(207) : error C324: 'TryCnt': missing point
I just got a client called Mud Master, supposed to be based on TinTin++. How much better is Zmudd? Have any of you heard of Mud Master? Or TinTin++?

"YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?" Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein
"Who wants to live forever?" Queen
"Never trust a bald barber" me
B^)
Hi!

You might want to try Apocalipse V, is one of the oldest muds around and has a lot of members. Is in apocmud.org 4000.

Laters!
"Old programmers don't die,they just terminate and stay resident."
EverQuest
This may probably be my lamest post:

EVERQUEST???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (ROFLMAO) Man you kill me! Everquest hahahahahahaha

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." - The Shining
When I look for a MUD, I look for something that gives me abilities that no other does. Everquest has its necromancers. They do drain attacks and can do damage over time. I really hate Everquest however.

Everquest has a good visual engine, but its game play structure just plain wreaks. It''s not stream-lined at all.

Of course, visual stuff is plain more stimulating anyhow. The point is which games MUD-based are fun? I''ll give you a couple of my favorites.

tsunami.thebigwave.net:23

medievia.com:4001

To those unfamiliar with the context, medievia.com is the site and 4001 would be the port the software needs to connect to.

I like Medievia because its well-established and has a working economy. You could equal it to Ultima Online.

Tsunami has a bunch of fun races. I like to play a Shade where I can sneak up on people and then attack like a warrior but drain like a necromancer. You can try your own.

Of course, I have to rely on text-based until I find a good 3D-based.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement